Interested in volunteering for the 2015 McGladrey Classic? Sign Up Now
If you have any questions, contact James Stevens, Tournament Manager, at 912.634.3272.
As The McGladrey Classic continues to grow in size and stature, so does our need for more Volunteers. We hope you choose to become a part of our team.
- POLO Golf Shirt and Outerwear piece
- Your choice of an Imperial Cap, Visor or Sun Hat (additional charge for Sun Hat)
- Volunteer Credential that grants access to the tournament grounds all week
- Two (2) Good Any One Day tickets
- Lunch vouchers and snacks provided for each shift worked
- Reusable water bottle with belt clip
- Commemorative Volunteer pin
- Complimentary round of golf at Sea Island Golf Club (must complete a minimum of 12 hours of volunteer service)
- Opportunity to purchase tickets to The McGladrey Classic Concert Event at a discounted price (limit of 4 tickets)
Additional Volunteer Information
All Volunteers are required to purchase their uniform ($80) in order to participate. The McGladrey Classic is seeking Volunteers in two primary areas that are critical to efficient tournament operations:
Marshals are located on every hole and are located in high traffic areas to assist the PGA TOUR players. They are responsible for maintaining crosswalks, providing gallery control, and assisting patrons with information.
Laser Operators work directly with the PGA TOUR ShotLink Staff and are responsible for recording each golf shot by using trigger-type lasers, survey grade lasers, and palm devices. Laser Operators are located in the fairways and greenside at every hole (Seaside Course only). Volunteers are scheduled in teams of two – one operates the laser while the other is able to keep up with play and control communication to the ShotLink Staff. Training will be provided to everyone prior to all Laser Operator volunteer shifts.
Volunteers working on both of these committees are scheduled Thursday through Sunday with a few Marshal shifts on Wednesday. Exact volunteer shifts will be based upon player tee times. However, most volunteer shifts will fall between 8:30am to 4:30pm